Types of Salt That We Carry
Water Softening Salt:
We offer a variety of water softening salts. Water softening salt that transforms the water in your home to make it better. When used in your water softener, water softening salt removes hard minerals from your hard water, including iron, calcium, magnesium, and even barium. After water softener salt removes hard minerals, you have softer towels and cleaner dishes….and your pipes and appliances will love the softer water as well!
Water hardness is caused by compounds of calcium and magnesium, and by a variety of other materials in your water. Hard water can cause a variety of nuisance and potentially costly issues in your home. If you have hard water, you should consider adding a water softener because:
- Hard water can interfere with soap and detergents, preventing them from working as well.
- Hard water can leave deposits, causing staining and spotting on glassware, dishes, sinks and fixtures.
- Mineral deposits can build up in the pipes of your home and restrict water flow.
- Mineral deposits can cause scale on appliances like your water heater, which in turn, could make it more expensive to heat water.
- Ultimately, your appliances could have a shorter life span as these scale deposits develop.
Rust Out Salt:
Our Rust Out Water Softener Salt Pellets are designed for use when noticeable amounts of iron are present in your water. The pellets are specially formulated to reduce rust and prevent rust stains on fixtures, laundry and dishware.
- For use with most water softeners where there is a high iron content
- Formulated to remove rust from water
- Helps reduce rust stains on clothes, fixtures, sinks and tubs
- Improves water taste
- Helps extend the life of the softener and resin bed
Our high purity pool salts help keep your pool running and your family protected from the effects of chlorine so your pool water feels better for your eyes, skin, and hair. Morton has the high purity pool salts that will keeps your pool filled with clean and clear water.
- Delivers a high-purity pool salt from the brand you can trust
- Eliminates the need to handle and store hazardous chlorine containing chemicals
- Produces chlorine at a lower cost than liquid chlorine
- Removes chlorine smell, dry/itchy skin, red eyes, green hair and bleached bathing suits
- Provides a convenient, simple and safe way to disinfect water while delivering a high-quality pool experience
Our Ice Melt is a special blend of rock salt and deicer to create an ice melt that starts to work quickly and effectively. It’s also much less corrosive than standard salts. It keeps working down to -20°F.
- less corrosive than standard salts
- Salts melt to lower temperatures (-20°F)
- Use less salt to get a better melting effect
- Less harmful runoff than standard salts
- Minimal bounce and scatter so it stays where it’s dropped
Specially sized to help melt ice fast. Our rock salt can melt ice at or above 5°F. A single cup of these rock salts covers up to 1 sq. yd.
- Offers fast ice melting action
- Melts at or above 5°F
- Pellets are sized to melt fast
- 1 cup covers up to 1 sq. yd.
- Use on painted surfaces not recommended
Our Calcium Chloride is designed to quickly, safely and effectively tackle frozen snow, sleet and ice around your property during the winter season. It can be dispensed directly out of the bag or into a hand-held or wheeled salt spreader. Proven safe when applied to “quality concrete” surfaces. Calcium chloride crystals generate heat instantly upon contact with snow and ice, thereby accelerating the melting process. Fast-acting and long-lasting.
- Melts down to -25°F
- Generates heat instantly upon contact with snow and ice
- Lasts up to 24 hours for long-lasting traction control
- Safe on sidewalks (when used as directed)
- Easy to dispense